Application Deadline Announcement
The application deadline for undergraduate nursing programs is November 30, 2013.
- Prospective students who plan to submit their application in-person must do so no later than 4:00pm Wednesday, November 27th as our office will be closed for the Thanksgiving holiday on Thursday, November, 28th and Friday, November 29th.
- Those who plan to mail the application must assure it is post marked by the November 30th application deadline.
Baccalaureate Admissions Process and Application for the 2014-2015 Academic Year
a two-part process for transfer and second baccalaureate applicants.
1) Applicants must apply for undergraduate admission to San Francisco State University. Complete information about this portion of the process is available on the the Future Students section of the main San Francisco State University web site.
2) A School of Nursing supplemental application must be submitted by all applicants.
School of Nursing Supplemental Application
All prospective undergraduate students are expected to consider the application process to nursing school much like applying to other professional schools including medical, dental, or pharmacy. Through this application process prospective students are beginning a career trajectory rather than simply changing majors or transferring schools. Attention to detail and the ability to follow application instructions are required. Aligned with the importance of the process, our Nursing Admissions Committee will consider applicants’ academic record, test scores (TEAS V), supplemental criteria, and for the first time this year there will be interviews. Applicants will be notified in late January/early February if selected for an interview and will receive further detail at that time. In the meantime, thoroughly review the admissions guide linked below. It is intended to help prospective students submit an accurate, timely, and complete application for admission.
Baccalaureate Admissions Guide & Application for the 2014-2015 Academic Year
Academic Nursing Programs Offered
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Prelicensure: for entry into the nursing profession
- Advanced placement: for RN (Registered Nurses) without a baccalaureate degree
Detailed information about these programs can be obtained by reviewing the nursing section of the SF State bulletin.
Attend an Information Session
Prospective undergraduate students are invited to attend an information session. The schedule of up-coming sessions will become available each September. Individuals who are unable to attend an in-person session can watch a previously recorded one on our web site.
View a Previously Recorded Information Session
Information session recordings are available for the benefit of those who were unable to attend or wish to review the content covered. These sessions are intended to complement our undergraduate program fact sheets.
- On-campus BSN Information Session. Upon opening the link, press Play and then Fast Forward 5:40 minutes to the start of the session.
- On-campus APO Information Session. Upon opening the link, press Play. Audio will being at approximately 3:20 minutes into the session.
Undergraduate Program Fact Sheets
Nursing program fact sheets contain program descriptions, admission criteria, and are printable to serve as a quick reference for prospective students.